I have almost finished this top. I have been enamored with this pleated top for a while, it seemed dressy and versatile with vintage flair.
I was worried It wouldn’t suit me, but after sewing the buttons and trying it on I love the affect of the pleats around the neck! There is only one thing that needs some tweaking and that is the fit. I do prefer more definition at the waist.
It really needs more shaping. Because I made it in a medium weight poplin when I belt it or tuck it into a skirt it creases like crazy!
So if you are making this pattern and prefer a more fitted silhouette bear in mind it does have a lot of ease at the sides.
I am going to take some width out of the side seams and add darts to the front. There go the fancy side seams I made. I must remember to fit as I go. I should have pinned where the buttons were to get a better idea of the fit before finishing the side seams of.
Ah sewing, you never stop learning from your mistakes :).